Tuesday 21 June 2011

My Reflections

I have created a blog following the instructions of Mr. Elliott. Presently, I am not blogging for teaching my students but I think that in future I can put my notes, lessons and inputs for teachers who are undergoing training programme in my Institute. I also want some of them to post their experience after reading my reflections.I think I can also give them some information regarding the training programmes. Anyway creating and having a blog is a great experience.

Presently, I am working as a Lecturer at the Regional Institute of  English, South India, Bengaluru. The Institute - RIESI is a premier Institute serving the cause of English language education in South India for nearly 48 years. We conduct programmes for empowering teachers, teachers trainers and materials producers. You can visit us at www.riesi.co.in

About Bengaluru:
Bengaluru which literally means the town of baked beans, was founded by Kempe Gowda, a chieftain of Vijayanagar Empire in 1537 A.D. It is also known as the Garden City and the IT hub of India. The city's temperature during summer ranges from 30 to 34 C. The occasional showers make Bengaluru cooler and that makes your stay here an exhilerating experience. For those who are new to Bengaluru, a few places worth a visit are, the Lal Bagh, the Cubbon Park and the Banneghatta National Park. The city has a perfect mix of the British and Indian architecture. The official buildings of the Vidhana Soudha, the High Court, Sir. M. Vishveshwariah Museum, the Bengaluru Palace and the ITPL are also worth a visit. You can enjoy the delicious customary food of Bengaluru, the 'bisi-bele bath' and all items of food across the world.

4 comments:

  1. Jayaraj Sir the very name of bisi-bele bath brings me the entire taste of Bengaluru. This brings me the association of love and affection that my mother put in make food for me during my childhood days. Feeling great to go through your blog. Very eager to see your further initiatives....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello P.K.

    Great start with your blog. You are doing fine with the blog, and I believe you will contemplate various ways you might be able to use a blog with students during the next few weeks.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi P.K.
    I like your first post and agree that creating and having a blog is a great experience. I also read about Bengaluru with interest and admiration (I even found some gorgeous pictures of it on the internet). You love your city and your love is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all
    I am happy to read from your blogs, they are very nice; blogging is so cool, isn’t it?
    I have found a nice audio tutorial about setting up Blogs using www.blogger.comby Gavin Dudeney
    Please click on the link I wrote here below and download your copy, it is in a comprised folder.

    Hope it is useful to you.
    Take care and yours!

    Javier


    Information to read about blogs
    References

    Blogging for ELT (teach English with technology, Gavin Dudeney)
    A comprehensive article on blogs and blogging in ELT
    http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/resources/blogging.shtml
    Examples of real EFL blogs and vlogs, made by teachers and/or learners:
    Brazil / Argentina blog exchange
    http://brazilargentina1.edublogs.org/

    A blog for EFL young learners
    http://c3viseu.blogspot.com/

    A blog for FCE learners
    http://fceblog.blogspot.com/


    The Daily English Show (vlog)
    http://thedailyenglishshow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete